Bitspawn Bi-Weekly Progress Report: April 1st 2021 — April 30th 2021
We are focusing on restructuring the bitspawn.gg application to prepare the full support of Bitspawn token(s). To achieve this, we have planned the adjustment in our payment system, user account system and the user profile for web application. The performance of the whole platform is also the key aspect we take into consideration, different improvements have been done, and more is to come.
- Refactor Modals
- Add global modal state and global actions to use the same modals for notifications and confirmation across the site.
- Replace existing modal usage with new global modal.
- Refactor Profile Edit Page
- Clean code to remove errors and warnings and a memory leak existing code had when lazily loaded.
- Refactor and Update Routing
- Plan all app routes and update existing pages to follow the update pattern.
- IE: /profile/* is not only for current logged in user
- /user/* is used to view other users’ profiles
- Functionality enabled to easily and quickly set up redirections
- Lazy load all modules
- Split the application into chunks which load only when the user clicks to view that module.
- This helps speed up initial load time, reduce size of the site so mobile experience is better.
- This also improves SEO as google takes package size into account
- Refactor Profile Tabs
- Complete refactor and rewrite of all profile tabs.
- Change them into individual pages for chunking
- Start Creating App State
- Created a global app state which can be added to with future refactoring
- This state with global actions allows us to use the same state throughout the application and ensure similar experience for our users
- Added the following to state:
- Remove Right Side Navigation
- Move functionality into profile tabs
- Improve App Warnings + Errors
- Enabling Ethereum deposit/withdrawal
- SPAWN ERC20 Deposit
- Improve Tournament State Machine
- Update Transaction Processor module
- Improved the profile page experience
- Refactor routing for web application
- SPWN token ERC-20 contract ready for audit
- User Account Complete Refactor
- Restructure backend code for better performance and security